Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome 2015

The start of a new year provides a handy excuse to wrap up your life in neat boxes and check things off lists. Here we go with my resolutions/goals for 2014:
  • I'm going to run the Boston Marathon. Yup! 3:28, and it was totally a spectacular time, both on the course and with friends in Boston. Can't wait to run again in 2015 :)
  • I'm going to graduate from Purdue University with a PhD. Sigh. So close! I did walk at commencement though...
  • I'm going to get a job. It will be an awesome job. I will love it. Not quite, but I am currently applying for positions!
  • I'm going to enjoy running and throw myself into this with gusto. ABSOLUTELY! I had a phenomenal winter/spring training and racing season and took a break from marathons to focus on my speed this summer/fall.
  • I'm going to update this blog at least twice a month so y'all can follow the adventures of me and my fuzzy cat :) Check! Fuzzy cat is getting fuzzier and I had some amusing posts :)
  • I'm going to use my fear of the unknown to my advantage - pink cheeks, new life experiences, letting go of total control over all the things...I will be a stronger person for all the emotional adversity I experienced and I will know what I want and who I am and how to use my strengths and weaknesses to my advantage. Absolutely (again!)

2014 will be my year. And it was most definitely a good one...

That said, 2015 is already shaping up to be better than 2014 was! The Canadian and I rang in the New Year at Howl at the Moon in Chicago, I'm going to run the Walt Disney World marathon on January 11, a pretty awesome trip for Spring Break is (kinda) in the works, I have a schedule that I feel good about to get my defense and dissertation FINISHED, I'm going to run Boston again (and then run Big Sur six days later...), and I'm going to FINISH my PhD. That gets me to mid-May.

After that?

No idea :)

I do know that I am so happy. I have wonderful friends and so many people who are incredibly supportive and positive and can always make me smile :) No official goals (besides the school ones!) or resolutions for 2015. I just want to stay happy and healthy. Maybe that will involve killer margaritas, finally getting a Canada stamp in my passport, or teaching Mannie to peacefully coexist with other cats. Maybe it will involve moving to a totally unknown place to start a brand-new job that I'm not sure I'm ready for (even if the people who hired me are totally confident). Maybe it will involve reading a book for fun each month, stopping to take more pictures, or baking cookies for my friends, just because.

---------------------

For those of you playing along at home:
1.) What is a little thing that always makes you happy?
2.) How did you ring in 2015?
3.) Do you actually know the words to 'Auld Lang Syne'?

Merry New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment